Modern office stock
One of the strengths of the region is its modern, constantly expanding office stock. Gdańsk, Gdynia and Sopot have a total of 838 600 sqm (2.2020) of office space – ideal for companies from the BPO and SSC sectors. The Tricity office real estate market is currently third in Poland and has great development potential. According to the recent estimation by JLL, the office stock in Tricity reached 1 mln sqm in 2020.
Growing warehouse market
Due to its coastal location, the region has important logistic functions. The total warehouse stock in Pomerania is increasing every year: at the end of 2019, the warehouse market amounted to approx. 667 000 sqm, and over 100 000 sqm are in construction.
This increase was especially due to the creation and expansion of the Pomeranian Investment Center (187 ha) located in the vicinity of DCT Gdańsk terminal, but also thanks to new small warehouse parks that add to the total warehouse capacity of the region.
Learn more about the logistics sector.
Special economic zones
The entire country is covered by support under the Polish Investment Zone, which entitles to conduct business on preferential terms, use tax reliefs from the activities specified in the decision on support. The amount of the relief is calculated individually for each entrepreneur as the product of the intensity of public aid and the costs of a new investment or two-year labor costs.
Additionally, there are separate special economic zones that issue the above-mentioned decisions on support and have dedicated investment areas. There are two special zones in the Pomeranian Voivodeship.
The Pomeranian Special Economic Zone (PSEZ) is a convenient location for investments in the region of northern Poland. It offers prepared industrial areas located on the main communication routes in the vicinity of international airports and seaports, it also provides a business permit entitling the entrepreneur to use public aid in the form of tax exemptions.
Słupsk Special Economic Zone (SSEZ) is managed by the Pomeranian Regional Development Agency S.A. based in Słupsk. The zone’s resources include commercial real estate, i.e. investment plots for sale as well as commercial, office and residential premises for rent. As part of its activities, also provides brokerage services in commercial real estate, located within and outside the SSEZ.
Find out more about Pomerania’s location.
Science & technology parks and business incubators
Pomerania’s largest science and technology parks are located in Gdynia, Gdańsk, Kwidzyn and Słupsk. Both Polish and foreign entrepreneurs can make use of their facilities.
• Pomeranian Science and Technology Park Gdynia – the largest park of this type in Poland
• Baltic Port of New Technologies – 7 thousand sqm of modern B+ class office space located on the premises of the former Gdynia Shipyard
• Gdańsk Science and Technology Park (GPN-T) – located in the immediate vicinity of Gdańsk University of Technology, Medical University of Gdańsk and the University of Gdańsk; hosts over 100 companies
• Gdansk Business Incubator STARTER – takes care of the development of the startup ecosystem in the city, offers coworking space, organises conferences and trainings
• Kwidzyn Industrial and Technological Park (KPPT) – profiled as the region’s center for innovations in green energy (research, production, service and power management technology)
• Slupsk Technology Incubator (SIT) – located in Slupsk Special Economic Zone, offers 2 800 sqm of modern office space complete with labs (automation, robotics, visual systems and renewable resources labs)
Find them on our map.