Modern office stock
One of the strengths of the region is its modern, constantly expanding office stock. Gdańsk, Gdynia and Sopot have a total of 838 600 sqm (2.2020) of office space – ideal for companies from the BPO and SSC sectors. The Tri-City office real estate market is currently third in Poland and has great development potential. According to the recent estimation by JLL, the office stock in Tri-City reached 1 mln sqm in 2020.
Growing warehouse market
Due to its coastal location, the region has important logistic functions. The total warehouse stock in Pomerania is increasing every year: at the end of 2019, the warehouse market amounted to approx. 667 000 sqm, and over 100 000 sqm are in construction.
This increase was especially due to the creation and expansion of the Pomeranian Investment Center (187 ha) located in the vicinity of DCT Gdańsk terminal, but also thanks to new small warehouse parks that add to the total warehouse capacity of the region.
Learn more about the logistics sector.
Special economic zones
Special economic zones in Poland offer preferential terms for running a business. These include incentives such as sites preparation and tax breaks. In northern Poland, the Pomeranian Special Economic Zone (PSSE) is the place to go for investors looking for convenient locations and preferential terms. It offers prepared industrial areas located along the main communication routes, near the international airport and seaports. It also provides business permits that give investors the right to use public aid in the form of tax exemptions.
The zone includes 35 subzones located in 5 voivodships and covers the total area of 22 462 929 ha, of which 5 641 241 ha are located in the Pomeranian Voivodeship, 880 213 ha in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, 706 768 ha in Greater Poland, 6 372 176 ha in the West Pomeranian Voivodeship, and 940 614 ha in the Lubelskie Voivodeship.
Find out more about Pomerania’s location.
Science & technology parks and business incubators
Pomerania’s largest science and technology parks are located in Gdynia, Gdańsk, Kwidzyn and Słupsk. Both Polish and foreign entrepreneurs can make use of their facilities.
• Pomeranian Science and Technology Park Gdynia – the largest park of this type in Poland
• Baltic Port of New Technologies – 7 thousand sqm of modern B+ class office space located on the premises of the former Gdynia Shipyard
• Gdańsk Science and Technology Park (GPN-T) – located in the immediate vicinity of Gdańsk University of Technology, Medical University of Gdańsk and the University of Gdańsk; hosts over 100 companies
• Gdansk Business Incubator STARTER – takes care of the development of the startup ecosystem in the city, offers coworking space, organises conferences and trainings
• Kwidzyn Industrial and Technological Park (KPPT) – profiled as the region’s center for innovations in green energy (research, production, service and power management technology)
• Slupsk Technology Incubator (SIT) – located in Slupsk Special Economic Zone, offers 2 800 sqm of modern office space complete with labs (automation, robotics, visual systems and renewable resources labs)
Find them on our map.